Skip to main content
Who Can Benefit from a Functional Capacity Evaluation?
- Someone who has been injured on the job to determine his or her ability to return to the job or alternate work
- Someone applying for Social Security Disability benefits
- Someone seeking to return to work or volunteer activities after an injury or illness
- Someone injured in a catastrophic accident (i.e., automobile accident) for whom an FCE can determine performance skills and abilities related to
- resuming former employment or a new job
- Someone seeking vocational rehabilitation services
- Students receiving transitional services from school to the work setting to determine their skills and the extent of support required to perform in a job
FCE may be used to determine:
- Goals for rehabilitation or readiness for discharge planning
- Ability to safely return to work status (including full duty, modified duty, or transitional duty)
- Worker’s compensation case settlement
- Disability status
Disclaimer : All content posted on this website is commentary or opinion. This website does not give or attempt to give medical advice and your personal information is not stored. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT DESIGNED TO – AND DOES NOT – PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE.