Sports Science in Mountain View
If you are looking for sports science specialists in the Mountain View area, trust our specialists at Allied Pain & Spine Institute. Sports science, also known as sport and exercise medicine (SEM), is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of injuries related to sports and exercise.
Our experienced Mountain View physicians and ancillary personnel routinely evaluate and expertly treat sport-related muscle, ligament, tendon and bone problems. Individualized care plans, including targeted rehabilitation, are initiated promptly upon accurate diagnosis.
Common Sports Injuries Treated at Allied Pain & Spine Institute
- Muscle Cramps
- A sudden tight, intense pain caused by a muscle locked in spasm. Muscle cramps are also recognized as an involuntary and forcibly contracted muscle that does not relax.
- Inflammation or irritation of a tendon — any one of the thick fibrous cords that attaches muscle to bone. This condition causes pain and tenderness just outside a joint.
- Shoulder Sprains
- Stretching or partial tearing of the ligaments and capsule that support the shoulder, specifically, the glenohumeral joint.
- ACL Sprains
- The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is a ligament involved in knee stabilization. An ACL rupture can occur when the foot is planted and the knee twists to change direction.ACL Tears – The anterior cruciate ligament; one of four major knee ligament necessary for comfortable knee movement, tears, causing major pain and causes the knee to “give out.” The knee ACL can tear for a number of reasons.
- Ankle Sprain
- The ligaments that hold the ankle bones in place can easily be overstretched resulting in ankle instability and pain.
- Shin Splints
- The tissue that attaches the muscles of the lower leg to the shin bone may be pulling away from the bone, or it may be inflamed from overuse.
- Muscle Strains
- Tears in muscle that cause pain and loss of function.
If you have a sports injury that is causing pain, contact Allied Pain & Spine Institute in Mountain View today to schedule a consultation with us.